I love discussing trends, especially when it relates to the wedding or fashion business. Trends come and go and they are usually born when certain events occur, like Meghan Markle's wedding, or David Attenborough's documentaries.
So here are my top 7 fashion trends for 2019
1. Colour impact. The colour of the year is coral, and this will be seen on bridal wear, I love to add colour into a wedding dress either by dip dye pieces or as an underlay.
2. Sparkle. Sparkly fabrics are starting to dazzle any wedding, there will sparkly dresses in my 2020 collection........ keep an eye out!
3. Clean cut dresses with wow details like low backs, slits or plunging necklines. It is the Megan Markle effect but but with a twist. I have to say I love a low back, or any details that stand out, or make that extra wow factor. In my new collection 'Rainforest's of the Sea' my 'Royal Star' is a clean cut wedding dress with a sexy low back, designed for brides to be noticed. I have also made subtle flared sleeves, and a small slit at the front.
4. Major over the top sleeves. Would you go for major big sleeve design for your wedding day? This is a trend and Vera Wang does it so well, well done to those that will wear anything outrageous on their arms. Here is my 'Cornflower' bridal separate that has subtle off the shoulder sleeves.
5. Feathers. Not just one or two feathers but feathers all over and incorporated into your wedding dress. I like to add to them to my designs but again subtly.
6. Capes and Caftans
These are still going strong in the bridal fashion and were everywhere on the bridal catwalks this year. Capes are a great alternative to a veil.
7. Eco-friendly. This is going to be the topic of the future. Brands are adapting to be more conscious of the environment. Stella McCartney is a good example to being a sustainable fashion brand. I am also doing my best as a small independent bridal designer. I line my dresses with organic bamboo, I make my toiles in organic calico, my collection is done on paper rather than using more raw materials, only 3 dresses are made and exclusively stocked in Willoughby and Wolf. I use a small London based production company near to where I live.
Is my brand ethical, I hope so!
If you would like to discuss an ethical wedding dress made personally to you. Then please call 07511818923.
Jessica Turner Designs
Jessica Davies Photography
Kitty Wheeler Shaw
#ethicallymade #ethicalweddingdress #ecobridal #ecowedding #ecoweddingdress #wiltshirebohoweddingdress #bohoweddingdresslondon #ethicalbridaldesigner #bridaltrends #2019bridaltrends #boholondonbride #bohoweddingdress #colourweddingdress #dipdyebridalwear #dipdyeweddingdress #untraditionalweddingdress #lowbackweddingdress #weddingdresswithslit #bridalcape #meghanmarkleeffect